Tuesday 8 November 2011

Remixing music





So here's a little bit of what I've been busy working away at college. For a group project we were asked to create a campaign to show how re-mixing, re-recording etc music was ruining original music. My very lovely group decided to go with my idea of "Losing Soul Music". Which basically describes how remixes take away what original music is truely about (Its purpose) and therefore loses its soul. Each of us came up with an idea of how a musical instrument could lose its soul (which was a very complicated process but we persevered and got there in the end!). Mine was disappearing, Second poster was dripping colour and lastly a broken instrument.
These are pictures of from my poster. I created a collage of different live music flyers and tickets I found and cut out what I thought was an iconic symbol of music (the guitar) from this. My message was trying to show that re -mixing has taken away the soul of orginal, live music, and therefore nothing left at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment