Friday 23 March 2012

D&AD little white lies magazine



So for the D&AD student awards the task was to create a front cover for the film magazine "Little White Lies." There was a choice of films to choose from - Black Swan, Super 8, Drive, The Tree of Life and Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy. I chose Super 8.
My idea was based on in one of the final scenes which I felt I really connected with in the film. It's a really emotional scene where all the objects made of metal are floating up to make the ship for the alien to go back home. In the film we learn Joe's mum has died and he's kept her locket. He tries to hold on to the locket as it begins to float up to the ship but realises he has to let it go realising his mum is gone and able to be at peace with that.
Another little touch I added to help that effect was the white cubes attaching themselves to the little white lies logo  (as if connecting to the ship)

This is the original sketch which I did in pencil on top of a watercolour background and then added the squares, magazine title and colour of the pencil outline on photoshop after.

 I'm really pleased with how this turned out considering I didn't have much time to do it and juggling another project in the meantime. Happy it's now finished :D

No comments:

Post a Comment